Quality, reliable logistics services are essential for solar delivery programmes. We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with Greenshields Cowie, an industry leader in final mile logistics, specialising in the delivery of Energy Access Projects in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
What We Offer
Best Value Logistics
GSC’s experience and approach to the significant logistical challenges faced when delivering solar projects to final inland and remote destinations in Africa, Asia and the Middle East make us an ideal partner for your solar programmes. We manage the entire solar supply chain process including:
- Quality Assurance & Inspection Services
- Impeccable, Transparent Documentation of All Freight Movements
- Export and Import Clearance
- Final Inland Distribution
How We Work
Stakeholder Management and Close Collaboration
- As logistics management specialists for decentralised solar programmes we prioritise personal, direct communication. We ensure the effective co-ordination for all stakeholders across the whole supply chain which is critical to planning and problem solving. From a logistics perspective, this covers our dealings with solar suppliers, international carriers, port and customs authorities, local logistics providers, delivery sites, partner government officials, project implementers and donors.
- GSC’s tailors its operating processes and workflows to meet the specific requirements of the project. With support from our web based systems we can design a Control Tower model that allows information to be co-ordinated and shared from all sources. Providing visibility to relevant parties ensures that we can provide the flexibility for all to continually adapt plans to ensure that project schedules are completed on time and to budget. Using GSC's Control Tower, we can either use dedicated teams to manage a project and/or supply implants to work onsite with a project (all accessing GSC’s systems).
Data Visibility and Reporting
- Planning and reporting, using real time dynamic data underpins our management process, providing our logistics team with the tools to track and trace the progress of shipments, and rapidly identify and mitigate bottlenecks. In addition, we can always provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting for all parties as agreed.
- Effective Centralised Communication
- Proactive management of the supply chain
- Centralised Document Management
- Agreed Reporting and Timeliness
Value for Money
- Our established global network of logistics partners allows us to select options that not only deliver optimal supply chain performance, but ultimately provide best value for money. We manage a superior network of agents, to source the best provider, at the best price, using the most effective means of transport to meet the needs of the project and the political and economic context in which we are working conditions.
Trusted and Reliable Experts
- With a history that spans 200 years, GSC has unique, deep-rooted experience and expertise in the type of multi-modal logistics solutions, required for the implementation of large-scale solar projects.
- The strength of our approach is the knowledge of our expert team of logistics managers who bring a depth of specialist experience of logistics in fragile environments. This means that we offer a project-managed approach which is agile, context specific and continuously adaptive throughout, so that risks are anticipated, the right mitigation is put in place and logistics performance is continuously maintained.
Local Insight and Understanding of Complex Regions
- Generic solutions do not work in fragile environments where systems are broken or not in place. GSC’s team offer a vital understanding of the bureaucratic, operational, and infrastructural challenges of less developed economies; and we offer a well-established network and knowledge among national authorities and service providers, global transport suppliers, and cargo airlines; simply, we bring an inside understanding of the world’s most challenging borders.
Agility and Adaptability
- Our solutions are driven by individual context and operation needs; they are not standardised or “one-size-fits-all”. A proactive, project-managed approach is critical to deliver performance in fragile environments and developing countries where generic automated approaches will not work. Our method is therefore to deliver optimal performance through a knowledge-based, predictive and agile approach.
Highest Standards of Integrity, Transparency and Legality
- Our logistics experts carefully select carriers, hauliers, warehouse operators and other sub-contractors to ensure that their high standards match our own. All our agents are required to pass rigorous due diligence procedures. Our selection also includes cargo security imperatives and compliance with global industry best practice, including International Chamber of Shipping (ICS), World Shipping Council (WSC) Guidelines to Best Practices, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and British International Freight Association (BIFA).
For more information visit www.greenshieldscowie.com or call one of our experts on +44 (0)20 8643 3533 to discuss solutions to your logistics challenges.
Follow us on Twitter @GSC_Global