31 Oct 2017
Date: 31 Oct 2017
– 02 Nov 2017
Organiser: Iran Renewable Energy Association
Iran is considering deployment of renewable energies sources and these plans are driving energy transition in the country. Iran is becoming a highly attractive emerging market for renewable energy projects. The country is set to experience rapid growth and the renewable energy production capacity is predicted to reach 5,000 MW in the next five years, under Iran’s sixth Five-Year Development Plan. To increase incentives for investing in renewable energy the government has adopted new laws of feed-in tariffs differentiating and 20 years
guaranteed period for power purchase.
- 5 GW target for renewable energy by 2020
- Ranked 1st for renewable energy potential in the region
- Huge potential for wind, solar and geothermal
- Home of the first geothermal project in MENA
- 20 year Feed-in tariff and guaranteed PPA with SUNA
- Upto 30% decrease in FIT for using domestic component
- Upto 300 sunny days a year over 2/3 of its total erea.