RENEWABLE ENERGY FOCUS
BRAZIL – APRIL 2016
Market news & Intelligence
- By 2024, around 1.2 million households are expected to install distributed energy generation systems. This will have an immediate impact in consumer’s energy bill and in utility’s revenue. Forecasts show that most consumers will select PV systems. Between 2014/15, the amount of new installations quadrupled, moving from 424 to 1,930 connections. In 2016, predictions show that over 800 new distributed generations systems will be installed. (source: Aneel)
- Brazilian energy matrix continues to expand. Two reserve energy auctions are scheduled to July and October this year. The auctions will contract energy generated by photovoltaic, wind and hydro plants with installed capacity between 1 MW and 5 MW.
- A new transmission auction was held this week and hired £1,4 bi in investments in transmission lines. The projects will be located in the Brazilian states of Alagoas, Bahia, Ceará, Goiás, Espirito Santo, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Minas Gerais, Pará, Paraná, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Piauí, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Sergipe, São Paulo and Tocantins. The government expects to generate 27k direct jobs.
- The mini and micro-generation tax exemptions will boost the solar power distributed and centralized generation, based on the predictions of the Brazilian Regulatory Agency (Aneel). In November 2015, the solar power installed systems summed 1,491 but this number should multiply by ten in 2016, 14,326 systems installed.
- The Solid Waste sector in Brazil should grow by 26% over the next five years, with estimated revenues reaching £ 2.96 billion, says the Brazilian Association of Solid Waste Treatment Companies (Abetre). Biogas energy generation and cogeneration projects are the main areas of future opportunities.
- Through a partnership, GE Power has signed its first project to generate electricity based on the decomposition of sludge and organic material deposited in a sewage treatment plant in the state of Paraná. The project will produce 5.8 MW of energy and should go into operation in the first half of 2016. The company's intention is to increase the supply of the biogas energy generators.
Opportunities in the Solar Energy Sector Ahead - Recording Presentation
This Webinar is a great opportunity for you to hear and learn more about the Brazilian Solar Market and its current and future
opportunities. Brazil’s solar energy sector is getting off the ground. In the last years, the sector has received several incentives,
including specific auctions, in order to increase its participation in the energy matrix.
If the industry continues to grow at the same rate, forecasts show that the market will invest £800 million per year in large scale power plants (not including distributed generation).
The Brazilian Association of Photo-voltaic Solar Energy (Absolar) will speak about the future of Solar Energy in Brazil, opportunities in the supply chain and Government incentives to develop the market. To find out more, please click on the link:
Brazil – Brazilian company launched bid for heliothermic projects
Opportunity in R&D for heliothermic solar power generation in Brazil
Brazil – Opportunities within the Solar Energy sector
Brazilian specialists give an overview about solar sector
Brazil – Construction of 16.000 Km of new transmission lines
Opportunities to supply services and equipment
Brazil – Energy storage projects coming up
Opportunities for UK companies to supply service and equipment for Energy Projects
Major upcoming events
30 June - 01 July 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Brazil Solar Power
The conference will address highly relevant issues, both on large-scale generation and rooftop generation, bringing the government authorities to discuss the present and future of PV in Brazil. The trade show will gather some of the main players and offers flexible opportunities that meet the needs and investment availability of both small and large businesses.
For more information, please visit: http://www.brazilsolarpower.com/
23 - 25 August 2016
São Paulo, Brazil
Intersolar South America 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.intersolar.net.br/pt/inicio.html
30 August - 1 September 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brazil Windpower 2015
For more information, please visit: http://www.brazilwindpower.com.br/
10 – 12 November 2016
All about Energy
For more information, please visit: http://www.allaboutenergy.com.br/2015/
How can UKTI assist you in Brazil
The UKTI Power and Renewable Energy Team is dedicated to assist UK companies doing business in the Power & Low Carbon sector in Brazil, providing advice on how to do business in Brazil, explain the different routes to the market and facilitate introductions to key experts in the areas of wind, solar, thermal, wave, smart grids, etc.
UK Trade & Investment can also provide tailor-made services to your business, from initial research to arranging a market visit, or using our contacts and facilities to help you close a deal. We draw on the expertise of our overseas staff, which has local language skills, market knowledge and extensive political and commercial contacts.
The UKTI Power & Renewable Energy Team in Brazil can match your company to the key contacts at the Brazilian industry and assist in organising meetings with existing or potential or customers, agents, distributors, JV partners or identify potential acquisition targets.
We would be happy to organise either a tele or a video conference to talk to you about any further information required or to further explain how we can help you in doing business in Brazil.